- Since 03.2018: research assistant and PhD student at the Chair of Climatology
- 2015-2018: M.Sc. Meteorology at Free University of Berlin, title of thesis:“Evaluating the effectiveness of strategies
to mitigate urban heat island and to improve human thermal comfort (a case study in Berlin using WRF/UCM)“
- 2011-2015: B.Sc. Atmospheric Science at Nanjing University, China
- Dynamical downscaling with WRF (the Weather Research and Forecasting model)
- Climate in Central and High Asia
- Li, H., Zhou, Y., Wang, X., Zhou, X., Zhang, H., & Sodoudi, S. (2019). Quantifying urban heat island intensity and its physical mechanism using WRF/ UCM. Science of the Total Environment, 650, 3110-3119.
- Li, H., Zhou, Y., Li, X., Meng, L., Wang, X., Wu, S., & Sodoudi, S. (2018). A new method to quantify surface urban heat island intensity.
Science of The Total Environment, 624, 262-272.
- Li, H., Wolter, M., Wang, X., & Sodoudi, S. (2017). Impact of land cover data on the simulation of urban heat island for Berlin using WRF
coupled with bulk approach of Noah-LSM. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 1-15.
- Wang, X., V. Tolksdorf, M. Otto, D. Scherer (2019):WRF-based Dynamical Downscaling of ERA5 Reanalysis Data for High and Central Asia: a sensitivity study of nesting strategies and physical parameterization schemes.EGU General Assembly 2019, 07.-12.04.2019, Vienna, Austira
- Wang, X., V. Tolksdorf, M. Otto, T. Grassman, D. Scherer (2018):WRF-based Dynamical Downscaling of ERA5 Reanalysis Data for High and Central Asia. 37. Jahrestagung des Arbeitskreises Klima der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Geographie, 26.-28.10.2018, Schloß Schney (Lichtenfels), Germany
- Wang, X. & Sodoudi, S. (2017): Evaluating the effectiveness of cool roofs and green roofs as strategies to mitigate urban heat island
(A case study of Berlin using WRF/UCM). Cities and climate conference, 19.-21.09.2017, Potsdam, Germany.